Our Juniors program is for anyone born from 2019 through 2016. Come join us to begin your player pathway at Boulder County United. The Juniors program leads directly into our Academy, Advanced, or Recreational program. Get your friends out and begin your journey by learning how to play the beautiful game in smaller formats!
It is time to get Registered for the Fall, 2023 season!
2019 = U5
2018 = U6
2017 = U7
2016 = U8
TRAINING LOCATION AND SCHEDULES
SS – Sports Stable
SPC – Sports Performance Center
MP – Martin Park
PV – Pleasant View
Friday: 5-6pm – Juniors Game Night – PV (U5-U8)
New Changes within the Program:
- Paid Coaches – Coaches that are interested can volunteer to coach a team and will get compensated for their time. There will be increased coach education opportunities along with the continued support from me as a Director regarding training sessions.
- New Game Formats – We will be making adaptations to the game formats this year. We will be introducing a 4v4 game format with no goalkeepers for the U7 age group. For the U8 age group we will be playing 5v5 including goalkeepers to begin to introduce the concept prior to U9. Our U5 and U6 age groups will stay with the 3v3 game format.
- New Curriculum – I am currently working on a new curriculum for the Juniors program. This includes the weekly topic and the exercises that each coach will run weekly. We will be using concepts that include lots of playing and opposed (against a defender) touches on the ball.
- Tech Nights – For the U7 and U8 age groups I am happy to announce that they will be offered an option of an additional training session run by me and other coaches once a week.
- Match Days – We will be extended the match day season from 6 weeks to 8 weeks to deliver a more comprehensive playing season.
- More Training Opportunities -This Fall we are offering the opportunity to train twice a week for those families that are eager to be out on the field more.
- U7/U8 Girls Pool – We will be continuing with our U7/U8 Girls pool this Fall. This is a great opportunity for the players to get to know more players in their age group and begin to build those lifelong relationships with other players.
All matches will be held on Fridays at Pleasant View Soccer Complex from 5-6PM. The game schedule will be released as we get closer to the season.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUNIORS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
JUNIORS (U5-U6) LEARN TO PLAY!
The beginning of your player’s soccer journey. BC United U5/U6 Juniors program provides players with a positive and supportive learning environment conducive to introducing the basic skills of soccer as well as continuing to grow as a person.
The program aims to help kids grow as people with our 4 pillars as well as develop as soccer players. They will be introduced to learning how to play with teammates as well as beginning to understand how to appreciate space on a field. At U5/U6 players will be introduced to working in pairs as well as developing their technical skills in order to make decisions that help them become successful on the field. In addition to the soccer skills players will develop we will also focus on introducing kids to training habits and fostering their passion for the beautiful game.
Our U5/U6 coaches will lead training sessions with the help of our Juniors Director, Max Poland. Coaches will be supported by the new Juniors Curriculum which was put together by various directors at the club. Coaches will also be present at games helping with providing players with performance objectives rather than being outcome focused.
JUNIORS (U7-U8) LEARN TO TRAIN!
Boulder County United’s U7/U8 Juniors program looks to continue to build on the concepts introduced at U5/U6 as well as continue to challenge players with new concepts. We will continue to use the four pillars to help players grow as people. New concepts such as reactions in the transition moments will be introduced as well as continuing to develop their ability to appreciate space and their ability to make successful decisions on the field.
Our U7/U8 coaches will lead training sessions with the help of our Juniors Director, Max Poland. Coaches will be supported by the new Juniors Curriculum which was put together by various directors at the club. Coaches will also be present at games helping with providing players with performance objectives rather than being outcome focused.