Our club has a stringent refund policy because a player’s acceptance has the effect of denying another player an opportunity to play on a competitive team. Additionally, costs accrue to the Club for services provided to the team based on player headcount. Accordingly, fees are not refundable and not transferable. Fees for participation in the club cover the entire soccer year. A player who accepts an invitation to play with the Club commits to pay the entire fee for the full soccer year. No refunds, partial or full, will be made to players who choose not to participate at any point after registration for any reason, including players suspended from the program. The only exceptions are (1) In the event that a player has a season ending injury, the board may consider a partial refund after requests made within two weeks of the player’s injury/illness and a review of records provided by the treating physician or facility and (2) For families that move during the season. The board may consider a partial refund in these circumstances on a case by case basis.
Codes of Conduct
Parent Code of Conduct
- I will only use positive language on the sideline before, during, and after the games.
- I will respect the 24 hour communication rule toward my coach after a game.
- I will respect coaches, opponents, officials, parents, and the rules of the game.
- I will communicate about my child’s absence at least 24 hours before training or game.
Player Code of Conduct
- I promise to respect myself, teammates, coaches, opponents, officials, parents, and the rules of the game.
- I will always give my best effort and attitude every game, regardless of the score.
- I will shake hands with all opponents, teammates, and officials after the game; whether we win or lose
- I will admit my mistakes instead of making excuses or blaming others.
- I will always support my teammates in practice and games.
- I will listen to my coach and maintain a positive attitude in practice and games.
- I will remember that soccer is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
- I will remember that this is a TEAM support
- I realize that I am responsible for my actions.
- I will hold myself accountable to the BC United core values.
- Verbal Warning with parent present
- Sit out a game
- Removal from team